Feature Description #
Allows you to apply different visual effects on a pointcloud. This is all just a preview of how a pointcloud can be manipulated using Unity’s VFX Graph.
Note: This is a Live feature, meaning that you are able to preview the changes it makes in the Live Preview window.
How to use #
- Have a pointcloud opened on any of the 3D window tabs, such as through opening an .eve file, Rendering a frame, or opening exported frames.
- Select the particle filter that you wish to preview.
Particle Filter List #
- No Filter will show you a simple dot with the correct color for each point in your pointcloud. This is the most common way to visualize pointclouds.
- Voxel filter creates small cubes that alternate in colors, similar to a christmas tree lights.
- Spikes make small spikes that rotate randomly and sometimes blink with a greenish light.
- Particles create floating points that periodically explode outwards and disappear.
- Lines make a matrix-esque line flowing effect.
- Leaves create leaf-like objects instead of points that rotate around their own axis.
- Cords creates an effect similar to a strobe light.
- Flare Light creates spheres instead of simple circles at each point, which also react to lighting.
- Scanner effect “scans” through the pointcloud updating it’s color intensity each time it “scans” through.