Feature Description #
Depth map visualization allows you to change your pointcloud colors to be interpolated between two colors based on their distance from a virtual camera’s perspective.
How to use #
- To use this feature in Export or Rendering you must enable the feature’s main toggle.
- The first slider called Virtual Camera X Position allows you to change the position of the virtual camera. Points the closer the points are to this position, the more their color will be similar to the Near Color.
- The second value called Color Sensitivity Range defines the distance from the virtual camera towards which it will interpolate from the Near Color towards the Far Color, where every point beyond this set distance will simply be colored the Far Color.
- Next you have your options between the Near Color and the Far Color, if you wish to change these, simply click on the color and choose a new one.
- If you also would like to see the position of the virtual camera in the 3D window as well as control it’s position in 3D, then enable the Visualize Virtual Camera toggle.