Feature Description #
Allows you to choose the file format to export to as well as whether or not to use binary encoding to reduce file size.
- File Format. Here you can choose between the .ply, .obj file formats or the raw images.
- .ply is a compact encoding format used for storing data about points and meshes, however it does not support texture files.
- .obj is a file format that does support texture files, however it is not as compact as .ply because it does not support binary encoding.
- RAW option allows you to export the originally recorded images as .png files. Keep in mind that if you choose this option, no post-processing will be done.
- Binary Encoding only works when you choose ply as your file format and should always be enabled if you wish for the files to be as small as possible.