The practices described in this policy apply only to EF’s use of information which is supplied by you to through the Services. Information collected from you by others, such as third party web sites that you access through links on the Services or features of the Services that you use to provide that information to third party services, such as your linked accounts, are governed by those entities’ privacy policies.
The Information EF Collects:
- User-Provided Personal Information: When using the Services, such as when you register for an account, and when you order or use products or services through the Services, you may provide to EF what is generally called Personally Identifiable Information (“Personally Identifiable Information”). As used in this Policy, Personal Identifiable Information is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. Meta data associated with documents created, accessed, or edited through the Services are stored in unencrypted form.
- “Cookies” Information: When you use the Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. EF may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Services or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Services, the pages you view on the Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services.
The Way EF Uses Information: EF uses your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways in the operation of the Services and our business, such as:
- EF uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Services, connecting to and integrating with your Linked Accounts, and personalizing the Services for your and other users’ specific preferences, including processing purchases, orders, returns/exchanges or requests for information or services. We may use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or any regarding content that you have posted to the Services.
- EF uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Services works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Various aspects of the Services and email messages we send you in connection with your use of the Services, may include relevant advertisements which may be selected based in part on your Personally Identifiable Information, including your preferences and usage patterns within the Services.
- EF may now or in the future use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of EF and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, Apps accessed, etc.; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- EF may use your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information to send promotional email related to the Services we think you may be interested in. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the Services.
When EF Discloses Information: We are not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of circumstances in the ordinary course of operating our business, such as:
- The Services may now or in the future enable users to communicate in a variety of ways. Any Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily choose to share with another user through the Services, or in a publicly accessible area on the Services, such as by sharing a file or other User Data to another user, will be available to other users who access that content. Once you make your Personally Identifiable Information available in this way, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
- EF makes certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Services.
- EF works with third party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to EF, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, EF’s policy is to make these disclosures under limitations comparable to those in this policy, although certain large service providers, such as large hosting providers, do not accept such limitations. Many third parties who we provide your Personally Identifiable Information authorize certain government and law enforcement agencies access to information stored by such third parties without providing notice to EF, in some cases as required by law and in other cases voluntarily, and EF has no control over such activities.
- EF may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as UK Copyright law), or in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with investigative or law enforcement activity.
- EF also reserves the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect EF and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Services; or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of EF, our users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personally Identifiable Information with EF, in which case EF may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Services. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences, or change sharing preferences for User Data at any time by advising us or, if the facility is available, by accessing your account preferences page through the Services. Please note that your device will need to have a current and active network connection to make such changes, and while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, users that have previously accessed the content may still have access to copies cached on their device, and we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third Party Services:
The Services contain references and links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. A link to a third party’s Web site does not mean that we endorse it or that we are affiliated with it. We do not exercise control over third party sites or services. You access such third party sites or services at your own risk. Any Personally Identifiable Information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, EF does not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the Services is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access THE SERVICES at any time or in any manner. If EF learns that Personally Identifiable Information of children under the age of 13 has been collected on the Services without verifiable parental consent, then EF reserves the right to take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained an account on the Services, then you may alert EF at hello@localhost and request that EF delete that child’s personal information from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
EF is not in the business of providing information technology security services. While we do employ certain limited physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to help improve the integrity and security of your personal information, no physical or technical system, process, transmission, or storage mechanism is completely secure or immune from outages, losses, attacks, circumvention, design or implementation flaws, and human error. Therefore, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant that information you transmit to EF will not be lost or compromised, either during or after transmission. Do not provide your personal information if you are concerned with its disclosure.
If EF learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. EF may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at hello@localhost.
Your Privacy Rights:
To opt out of sharing your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please e-mail us at hello@localhost and clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number.
Affiliates; In the Event of Merger or Sale:
EF may now or in the future be affiliated directly or indirectly with other companies, such as parent companies and subsidiaries (and their parent companies and subsidiaries), and reserves the right to transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to any of these affiliated companies. In the event that all or a portion of EF or its assets is acquired by or merged with a third party entity or is subject to a change of control, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
EF Contact Information: