The remains of an explosives magazine for the adjacent ironstone mine may be seen in a field just below the Arncliffe Arms pub at Carr End, Glaisdale. The red and yellow brick structure had a pyramidal roof that has now collapsed. This model records the condition of the structure in June 2018. Ironstone mines opened at Glaisdale from 1865 and an ironworks was established from 1868. The ironstone found was, however, of poor quality and the same seams that were near the surface at Grosmont had to be reached by a 77m (254ft) deep shaft at Glaisdale. A further mine 3km (2 miles) up Glaisdale dale exploited a higher seam but that was also poor quality and was brought in using a tunnel under the village and trestle bridge across the river. The Glaisdale venture struggled from the outset and in 1875 the ironworks closed. In the mines, the ironstone was drilled and blasted from the seam face so the Powder House was built to keep the gunpowder in dry and secure conditions close by.Thanks for the original asset creator : Land of Iron
Try "photogammery", "diorama", or "dinosaur", for some cool results.