Installing EF EVE™ Creator EF EVE™ Creator is a tool for viewing volumetric video and post-processing the data you got from the EF EVE™ VolCapp recording. You can get the best outcome with EF EVE™ Creator if you recorded your video using 4 or more depth cameras (Kinect Azure or…
Installing EF EVE™ Creator
EF EVE™ Creator is a tool for viewing volumetric video and post-processing the data you got from the EF EVE™ VolCapp recording. You can get the best outcome with EF EVE™ Creator if you recorded your video using 4 or more depth cameras (Kinect Azure or other). However, with one or two cameras you can still use Creator. With one camera your video will have only half of the body, with two cameras it is possible to make a full 360 body capture. We will now lead you through the general process of exporting your video. If you already know the process, you can see a full feature list here.
- Download EF EVE™ Creator here
- Install EF EVE™ Creator
Importing and viewing your volumetric video
Open EF EVE™ Creator and in the Input window at the left of the screen, click Add File button at the top left:
- Open the folder in which you’ve saved your files:
- If you created your volumetric video by using two computers network, you will have two files with the same name, but at the end of the name, you’ll see “server” or “client”. Ctrl+click both files and click Open.
- After that, wait until both files load. You can see how much time it will take to load the file.
- Files will appear in the Input tab if you want to remove the file, click the x button next to your file:
- Your full video will appear in the ‘Live Preview’ window and more to the left you can see the 2D views from each camera:
Small camera icons (toggle sensors) in the live preview window show the exact places where your depth cameras were (physically) standing in reality and which parts of the video they captured.
- However, if you want, you can turn the toggle sensors off by clicking the [Toggle Sensors] button above the preview window:
- You can play, pause or stop your capture in the playback Controls section below the video:
- To navigate in your Live Preview window, use your mouse to do so:
Orbit around: Left click + drag
Zoom in/out: Mouse wheel scroll
Pan: Mouse wheel click
Reset original position: Left double click
- In the Point Limit section, you can select how many points you want to see in your preview. For example, this is useful if you’re willing to reduce your PC’s CPU and Memory.
- In addition, you can change the size of your point cloud points in the section Point Size:
Investigating your Volumetric Video
- Furthermore, you can also select how many frames per second (FPS) you want to playback your capture:
- If you want to analyze each frame separately, you can click on the frame at the Timeline. Zoom in/out, turn it around or change the point limit of the pointcloud: